Wednesday, 6 February 2013

The Farmer and The Snake


Once in Jukistopia, a farmer’s son stepped on a snake. The snake in turn inflicted a fatal bite on the farmer’s son. Grieving over his loss, the Father intending to kill the snake, missed its head but cut off its tail. The snake in outrage went round biting the farmers animals. The farmer in endeavour to make peace found some honey and other sweet things and offered them to the snake. The Snake, slightly hissing, said: "whether I accept your gifts or not, there can no longer exit true peace between us; for whenever I see you I shall remember the loss of my tail, and whenever you see me you will be thinking of your son’s death."

Lesson learnt: No one completely forgets injuries while in the presence of him who caused them. Therefore be wary of some warlords pretending to be friends. The hatchet may be buried but it’s location is not forgotten.
Post a Comment